Thursday, October 2, 2014

Visual Development - Bringing it all together

With all the different objects we've been working on over the month, it's now time to combine them and composite them into one appealing scene. To have as much control as possible in Nuke, I rendered out the images in passes as well as the different types of lights in the scene as different light layers. Doing this, I learned a lot about Maya render layers and render stats. For the scraper and box the passes I used were beauty, diffuse, indirect, reflection, and specular.



For the bottle I also added refraction in addition to the five passes above.


The light layers were a bit different. Instead of passes, they were different render layers with different lights active on each layer.


This way we can color correct different lights without effecting the others. I gave it a bit more focus by making a vignette around the geometry. I also added some contrasting blue and orange lights in the corners. This is what I came up with.


I really enjoyed this month of Visual Development. I learned so much that can ultimately be applied to any discipline, because everything needs some sort of lighting setup so I'm glad I have these tools under my belt now. And just remember when working on a project like this, have fun and put your own unique twist on it. The more "you" you put into it the more fun you will have with the long term projects. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment