Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Software Technology and Character Animation 2

For the month of October I've been getting two totally different classes. One is Character Animation 2, which expands on what we learned in Character Animation 1. The other is Software Technology, a class that exposes us to different programs that we haven't covered so far, but may run into outside of school, Softimage and Houdini. I will admit Software Technology was a bit bumpy towards the beginning while learning Softimage, but as the month progressed and as I started to learn the workflow and shortcuts, things became a lot smoother. I also think Houdini is really cool, this class mainly focused on the modeling aspect of it, but there is so much potential in that program, it actually reminds me of Nuke because of the way it works with nodes. I've also learned a lot of new animation techniques in Character Animation 2 that I plan on applying in my demo reel. It's been a really busy month but a bunch of updates are coming soon as we reach the end of these classes. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment